In the world of college football, there’s no bowl game bigger than the Rose Bowl.
Nicknamed the “Granddaddy of Them All,” the Rose Bowl has been the most prestigious bowl game in college football for just over a century. The game is not the only major event happening in Pasadena New Year’s Day. The Rose Parade is a major event as well. Between the parade and the football game, the Tournament of Roses has something for everyone.
Sports Travel and Tours will be offering multiple packages to these historic events. Even if you aren’t a football fan, we have packages that will get you close to the action—or, the roses.
The Game Plan: For The Rose Bowl game, we are offering four- and five-day packages. The five-day package will begin on Dec. 29, and the four-day package will begin on Dec. 30. For guests who are only interested in attending the Rose Parade, there are multiple options for trips to just the Tournament of Roses parade.
Play by Play: Travelers on both the four– and five-day trips to the Rose Bowl game will stay in the Renaissance Long Beach Hotel. In addition to game access, our clients will also have the option to take multiple guided tours and trips in the days leading up to the game. Packages for those who wish to just attend the parade are full of organized activities as well. Similar to the packages for the game, there will be three different options: four-, five– and six-day packages. These tours will give guests an in depth look at the before and after of this historic parade.
On the Side Line: The Rose Bowl stadium is one of the most recognizable landmarks in all of sports. Built in 1922, the Rose Bowl has hosted the annual Rose Bowl game every year since its creation. The stadium has hosted a handful of other major sporting events, including multiple Super Bowls, World Cup soccer games, Olympic soccer games, and it has also served as the venue for concerts. The Rose Bowl is now the home stadium for the UCLA football team.
Outside the Stadium: Pasadena is located just 11 miles outside of Los Angeles, California. Here are some things you might like to check out in while you’re in the region:
- Eaton Canyon Nature Center: Located right in Pasadena, this nature preserve is the perfect place for outdoor activities. It offers wildlife tours as well as informative exhibits in the nature center.
- Kids Space Children’s Museum: This is the perfect place for guests with children. The Kids Space Museum offers interactive learning activities that will keep your kids happy and entertained all day long.
- Los Angeles Zoo: This is the premier zoo in the Los Angeles area. Holding 1,100 animals, there’s no shortage of wildlife to see. The majority of the animals held at the LA zoo are endangered as well, so your attendance helps support their conservation.
- LA Fashion District: Located on 110 E. Ninth St, the LA fashion district is 100 blocks of wholesale retail shopping. This is the perfect destination for any shopping fanatic.
- Staples Center: The Staples Center is one of the premier sporting venues in Los Angeles. Since the Tournament of Roses takes place in January, all of the Los Angeles basketball and hockey teams will be playing.
Upgrades for hotel and tickets are available. Learn more about our Rose Bowl Trip offerings.