Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
The customer acknowledges the following terms and conditions upon which Sports Travel, Inc. has provided goods and services in furtherance of the tour or travel arrangements of the customer.
1. Sports Travel, Inc. takes no responsibility for any acts or omissions of any supplier of goods and services such as hotels, motorcoach, event tickets or other entity providing services to the customer. The customer hereby waives any claim for personal injury, including death, property damage, including loss of or damage to luggage or other personal property, or any other loss or claim, arising in whole or part by any act or omission of any entity, its agents, servants or employees, not solely, exclusively and directly under the control of Sports Travel, Inc.
2. The customer acknowledges that tour itineraries, accommodations, travel arrangements and other aspects of a tour must at times be modified or cancelled due to acts of God, unavailability of accommodations or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sports Travel, Inc.
3. The customer acknowledges that the price quoted for any tour or travel arrangements is based upon prices provided for accommodations, transportation, tickets and other components. Should any prices for such components be increased, Sports Travel, Inc. reserves the right and the customer acknowledges the right of Sports Travel, Inc. to increase the tour and travel arrangement price in the amount of any such increase in price.
Any customer given notice of increased cost shall have the right to terminate the reservation on the confirmed program and obtain a full refund of all amounts paid to Sports Travel, Inc. unless such payment was expressly made on a non-refundable basis. Sports Travel, Inc. cannot take responsibility if a client has booked a non-refundable airfare. The acceptance of any tickets, vouchers, or other documentation of tour or travel arrangements shall be deemed to be acceptance of the above General Information, Terms and Conditions by the customer.
4. The customer agrees to arbitrate any and all disputes with or concerning Sports Travel, Inc. only in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The customer herein waves his or her right to trial by jury or otherwise.
5. The customer acknowledges Sports Travel, Inc.’s right to use any photographs for promotional material unless Sports Travel, Inc. receives written notification of the customer’s declination.
Our programs offer a variety of deluxe, moderate and standard accommodations. The deluxe hotels are four and five star names such as Westin, Marriott, Hyatt and Sheraton. The moderate option features hotels such as Holiday Inn, Best Western and Clarion, while moderate hotels are similar to Days Inn or Comfort Inn properties.
• Baseball Road Trips offer mostly deluxe and standard combinations of hotel types.
Most hotels expect departing guests to vacate rooms by 12:00 p.m. and arriving guests to check-in after 3:00 p.m. to allow for maid service. If you have an early arrival or late departure, the front desk staff will assist in storing your bags until check-in time or your departure.
Special Requests: Requests for rollaway beds, connecting/adjoining rooms, and smoking/non-smoking preferences, as well as any requests noted are considered Special Requests. These Special Requests are not guaranteed and will be honored pending availability at check in. Sports Travel and Tours cannot be responsible for Special Requests not being available; however, we will indeed exercise our best efforts to accommodate your requests with our suppliers. Due to fire laws in New York City as well as other metropolitan cities, hotels will not provide rollaway beds.
Single Share: If you are traveling alone and wish to share a room please make your request when you book your trip. We will reserve you as “single share” and if there is another single sharing traveler in your group we will refund the difference in rates at the end of your trip. We cannot guarantee “single sharing” on a trip until departure.
Extending Your Stay: If you wish to arrive earlier or stay later than our itinerary, we will help you obtain our lowest group rate. These room reservations must be booked through Sports Travel and Tours, are based upon availability, and will be added to your trip cost. Rates listed include hotel taxes.
Non-Smoking Rooms: Hotels now have a “No Tolerance” policy for someone smoking in a non smoking room. This policy carries with it a financial penalty for any violation. Please be aware that you will be personally responsible for any such penalties, should they occur.
• Sports Travel and Tours obtains the best available tickets to each game on our Baseball Road Trips. Typically, seats are located up a level and between the bases versus outfieldseats pending availability. Lower level seats within the bases are most often season ticket holder seats. The ballpark, day of the week, and number of season ticket holders determine available seat locations. Your tour host will distribute all tickets prior to each game. If you choose to take advantage of the UTO option (as follows) please remember that it is not refundable or exchangeable nor covered under our Cancellation Protection Fee.
Upgraded Ticket Option (UTO): The UTO option is available for every event. The UTO will provide you with an opportunity to upgrade the location of your seats. Call for details.
• Our UTO and VIP Option is available on every Baseball Road Trip. The price of the UTO/VIP will guarantee the best available lower level seats within the infield for each game.
Sports Travel and Tours is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged tickets. Some major sporting event tickets will be issued on site, the day of the event. Tickets are issued in pairs, odd numbers cannot be guaranteed. Sections, rows and seat numbers cannot be confirmed until day of event.
Third party travel insurance is strongly suggested if you purchase the UTO, as upgraded tickets are non refundable (ask us for information). Please note: Rainouts are not covered by most insurance policies.
Rain Outs: If an event is rained out, cancelled or postponed beyond our control, ticket(s) will be applicable for the rescheduled dates. Sports Travel and Tours is not responsible for modifying travel arrangements. Sports Travel and Tours will provide refunds only to the extent that refunds are available. This policy does not apply to the VIP Upgrade Package or the UTO. Premium Tickets are non refundable.
• Your trip includes deluxe motorcoach transportation to and from all events and hotels. Every motorcoach is air conditioned, has comfortable reclining seats, a restroom and a no smoking policy. On Baseball Road Trips, we make frequent stops for everyone’s comfort. To avoid long rides, we fly between cities on regularly scheduled airlines, which is included in the trip cost.
Travel To and From Home: Since our travelers are from around the world, airfare to the starting city and from the ending city is not included. Go to www.stat.travel/fares to search for the lowest fares.
Arrival: Your final documents will include the available transfer options/costs to your hotel on the first day. If you would prefer a car rental please ask us for details.
• Most Baseball Road Trips begin in the hotel lobby approximately 3-4 hours prior to game time on the first day. A designated meeting point and time will be described in your final document packet.
• Departure: If you are traveling on a Baseball Road Trip, and the last day of your trip has an afternoon game, Sports Travel and Tours will bring everyone to the airport for your flight home. If passengers are staying over for additional nights, you will be transferred to the Road Trip hotel. All departing flights should be scheduled after 8:00 PM. If the last game is a night game, the trip ends when we arrive at the hotel after the game. We will provide available transfer options/costs to the airport on the last day.
• Extra Innings: We will stay until the completion of all games with one exception. If the last game on your trip is a day game, we will depart the ballpark at a designated time to insure for a timely arrival at the airport for return flights home. If you are staying over additional days, you will have the option of being dropped off at our choice hotel or staying at the game. Your tour host will leave your bags with the front desk at the hotel and you will be responsible for your transfer to the hotel upon completion of the game.
For all programs that conclude at the hotel after the event or game, travel arrangements for the following departure day can be scheduled at your convenience and airport transfers will be each traveler’s responsibility.
Car Rentals: Items such as tax, airport fees, insurance, gasoline, upgrades from your reserved car type, additional drivers, or additional equipment are NOT included (Effective 1/1/14: Tax and airport fees will be included with your rental; and insurance, gasoline, upgrades from your reserved car type, additional drivers, or additional equipment are NOT included). Your credit card will be charged by the rental company upon return.
Canada: When traveling to and from Canada, U.S. citizens must have a current passport. Those traveling from other countries must present a valid passport and other documents as needed (visas or alien cards).
Hosted trips are led by our experienced tour hosts, who are valuable members of the team. They will be with you for the entire trip to ensure your comfort and enjoyment.
All of your necessary trip information and final documents will be mailed to you 10-14 days before your departure date. Our staff is available by phone for any questions.
Baseball Road Trip Deposit/Balance
If paying by credit card, full payment is required at the time of booking. If paying by check, a deposit of $200 per person is required within 7 days of your reservation (plus the cost of the optional Cancellation Protection Fee). Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure. If your final payment has not been received, your reservation may be cancelled and your deposit forfeited. You will not be billed for the second and final payment due.
Baseball Road Trip Cancellation Protection Fee
Payment of this minimal, non-refundable fee, received by Sports Travel, Inc. with reservation, protects you and waives all cancellation charges listed below. Written notification of cancellation greater than 14 days of trip departure results in a refund of all monies paid (less Cancellation Protection Fee, nonrefundable airline tickets and intra-trip airfare). In addition, the cost of Upgraded Ticket Option (UTO) is not covered by the Cancellation Protection Fee.
Protection Fees are as follows:
Cost of Trip $0-1000, Protection Fee=$35;
Cost of Trip $1001-1500, Protection Fee=$45;
Cost of Trip $1500+, Protection Fee=$55.
Cancellations of Baseball Road Trips
If you do not purchase the cancellation protection fee (CPF) above, a refund is given less $50 administrative fee per traveler if written notice is received in our Hatfield office 90 days or more prior to departure. Refund given less $100 administrative fee per traveler if written notice is received in our Hatfield office 46-89 days prior to departure. No refund given if cancellation is 0-45 days prior to departure unless space can be refilled from a waiting list, at which time a $200 fee per traveler will be charged. Intra-trip air, rail fares that are part of the trip cost and Upgraded Tickets will be deducted from all refunds. No refunds will be given for unused portions of a program.
Baseball Road Trips Fuel Surcharge
We have done our very best at the time of pricing to include all expected fuel costs. If fuel prices rise dramatically, there is the possibility of an added fuel surcharge from our motorcoach vendors to reflect the difference between a standard benchmark for fuel costs and the actual fuel costs for the trip, which may be passed along to our travelers.
Major Sports Events Deposit/Balance
50% deposit required within 48 hours of reservation. Final payment is due 90 days prior to commencement of travel.
Customized Independent Travel and Weekend Programs Deposit/Balance
Non-refundable payment in full is required at the time of booking.
Cancellation of Major Sports Events, Customized Independent Travel and Weekend Programs
All payments are non-refundable at the time of booking. No refunds will be given for unused portions of a program. In the event of a cancellation or postponement, Sports Travel, Inc. shall not be responsible for accommodations and transportation prior to and beyond the original scheduled date of the event.
Third party optional insurance is available for coverage upon request and is suggested. You can purchase travel insurance online here.
Third Party Advertisers
Sports Travel, Inc. may allow third party advertisers to advertise on the Site. Sports Travel, Inc. undertakes no responsibility for User's dealings with, including any on-line or other purchases from, any third party advertisers. Sports Travel, Inc. shall not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred by User in its dealings with third party advertisers.
We are happy to assist in making changes to your trip whenever possible. Whether it is a Baseball Road Trip, Major Sporting Event or Independent Travel Program, all changes are based on availability. At the time the change is made, a $25 administrative fee will be required to make revisions.
All payments can be made by check, money order, or credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover).
• Information applies to Baseball Road Trips only.