This football season, pack your bags for one of Sports Travel and Tours’ exciting “Gridiron Getaways!” Eight such trips are destined for Arlington, Texas, home of the Dallas Cowboys. With the “most intriguing defense in football” and quite a few special players that are drawing excitement, this season’s Cowboys’ games are something y’all won’t want to miss.
Play by Play: All trips include game tickets, hotel accommodations for three days and two nights, 24-hour trip assistance, a stadium tour, access to the pre-game tailgate party and a meet-and-greet session with a Cowboys legend. However, you may choose from three different packages: silver, gold and platinum.
- Silver: This package includes 400-level seating, located on the Upper Concourse of the stadium, which you can see on this map. Travelers will be staying at the Holiday Inn in Bedford, centrally located between Dallas and Fort Worth. The hotel features both a restaurant, The B3 Bistro, and a bar, The Gusher Patio and Bar, in addition to gym equipment and an outdoor pool.
- Gold: Although this package also includes 400-level game tickets, travelers will stay at The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel. The Worthington Renaissance, which has been christened “The Star of Texas,” features an indoor pool and a state-of-the-art fitness center. It also offers BarWired, an Internet café, bar and lounge, and Vidalias, a restaurant serving authentic Southwestern cooking.
- Platinum Level: Travelers who choose the platinum-level package will stay at the Worthington Renaissance and will have 200-level game seats, which are closer to the field. These tickets provide travelers with an even better view of the game.
In addition to the three packages, travelers have the option to add on pre-trip and post-trip nights at the hotel associated with each package.
Sideines: The day after the game, travelers will get to experience a VIP guided tour of AT&T Stadium. The tour, which begins and ends at the Pro Shop team store, will bring travelers through a private suite, the print media press box, the post-game interview room, both the Cowboys’ and the cheerleaders’ locker rooms and even down onto the field itself. Cowboys’ fans couldn’t ask for a more comprehensive, up-close-and-personal tour experience.
Outside the Stadium: Here are some other fun attractions to consider looking into while you’re in the area.
- At Six Flags Over Texas, enjoy over 50 rides, live bands and family-oriented shows spread out over the more than 200-acre theme park.
- The Levitt Pavilion for the Performing Arts presents more than 50 free outdoor concerts each year to suite a wide variety of musical tastes.
- The International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame preserves and exhibits the 5,000-year history of the worldwide sport of bowling, including the stories of the sport’s greatest legends.
- Check out some exotic animals at the 106-acre Dallas Zoo, the oldest and largest zoo in Texas.
Extra Points: Sports Travel and Tours emphasizes that the pre-game tailgate party is a can’t-miss experience. Unlimited beer, wine and soda is offered, as well as all-you-can-eat food cooked by Eddie Deen & Company, Dallas’ “most sought after caterer.” Having served at highly important events across the country, including presidential inaugurations, Eddie Deen & Company knows food. The tailgate party also features live entertainment, which changes depending on the game.
During the tailgate party, travelers also have the chance to meet and greet a Cowboys legend, who will be signing autographs and posing for photos. This activity is included in the travel package at no additional charge. Although it is currently unconfirmed who this year’s legends will be, in years past travelers have met players such as Randy White, Drew Pearson, Larry Allen and Jay Novacek. With all of the activities that are packed into each “Gridiron Getaway,” to Texas, these vacations are bound to be both action-packed and unforgettable.
Learn more about the Dallas Cowboys game packages.